Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ian Kirby Interview


Ian Kirby-A Massapequa HS 2014, has made a verbal commitment to Towson University. He will be joining his brother, Ryan-Massapequa 2012, in suiting up for Coach Nadelen and the Tigers. The boys will be second generation Tigers as their father, John, was a standout midfielder for Towson in '80 and '81. The whole family is excited to say the least.

Ian has been mainstay on the Long Island Express 2014 Orange team, made the All Star Team at Top 205, attended Jake Reed, made All Tournament at the U15 National Championships, played in the Nassau-Suffolk Rising Sophomore Showcase, and he was recently named to the Inside Lacrosse Top 20 Sophomore List (#16). Other schools that Ian considered were Duke, North Carolina, Johns Hopkins and Hofstra

We asked Ian a few questions about the commitment process. Check em out:

Ian, you visited several top academic universities that have tremendous lacrosse programs. It must've been very exciting. Can you describe the process for us?

The experience was great at all of the schools. The coaches treated me like I was family.

How excited are you that you will be able to continue to play with your brother, Ryan?

I'm really excited to play with Ryan now in high school, and again at Towson. It's going to be great. We have great chemistry and good things come from that.

With your father having played at Towson and numerous visits to campus, does Towson feel like a second home to you?

Absolutely. It has been my home since I was little and I am honored to play for them.

How old were you when your father got you that Towson helmet?

Too young to remember, but my dad says that I was about five years old.

Was there any point that you just knew that Towson was the right place for you?

Yes, I've always felt that it was the right place. I have a lot of respect for the other schools, but Towson has always felt like home to me.

It sounds like you have made a decision to attend what has always been your dream school. Congratulations and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment